Sangobion and with Philippine Red Cross comes in partnership to help promoting blood donation. The event was held this time at SM Fairview that anybody can walk-thru and check if they can donate blood.
I tried to donate but I was told that I am not qualified due to I just had my period that week. Also another factor I am not qualified because of lack of sleep. I never thought that having lack of sleep would greatly affect my blood.
The event was also graced by the beautiful singer Karylle.
The Philippine Red Cross supplies approximately 1/4 of the whole country’s blood requirements. However, due to lack of volunteers, it’s hard to keep up with the demand.
Also mothers die from blood loss during childbirth and having to donate blood will help mothers in distress.
Factors would affect in donating blood
- Your blood is routinely checked prior to donation. If your hemoglobin levels are low and you have anemia, you cannot give blood.
- You cannot donate blood if you just had your period within the week.
- If you have lack of sleep. Lack of sleep can increase your blood pressure. If your blood pressure is too high your ineligible for donation.
Preparation before donating blood
- Avoid fried and fatty food, and eat a healthy well-balanced meal.
- Get enough iron food like red meat, fish, and spinach. Also Iron supplement to help promote red blood cell regeneration.
How often can I donate blood?
An average healthy person can donate blood about once every three months.
Don’t forget to take Sangobion everyday –it’s packed with Vitamin C, Folic acid, Vitamin B12, Copper sulfate, and Manganese sulfate so you can Go Love Life this holiday season
Process in donating blood
- Before giving blood make sure you are in good condition and don’t feel ill.
- You will be asked to fill out forms and answer health questions.
- A healthcare professional will run some tests including one that will check for iron levels in your body.
- Next, your arm will be cleaned and prepped for the blood donation. A needle will be put in a vein in order to collect blood.
- Once the bag is full, the needle will be taken out and a bandage will be put on your arm.
- Afterward, you will be asked to rest for a bit while you enjoy some snacks and refreshments.
Check the list of requirements to see if you can donate blood