- Definition of Disaster-affected Freelance Audio-Visual Workers. These are audio-visual workers who have become suddenly unemployed or suddenly out of work as a direct result of the COVID-19 Enhanced Community Quarantine and subsequent State of National Calamity and are not eligible for government instituted benefits from other government agencies.
- Coverage. The program covers freelancers in the audio-visual industry, with priority to technical crew and production staff on a no-work no pay status, and those that are not formally affiliated with a company with an earning of no more than P 20, 000.00 a month. Program coverage is nationwide.
- Conditions. Any one of the following unemployment or loss of work conditions must be satisfied by applying workers as a direct result of the COVID-19 situation:
a. The worker was scheduled to work, but were unable to reach the workplace.
b. The worker was scheduled to start work but the job was cancelled or does not exist anymore.
c. The worker developed an illness, sustained an injury, or became sick and thus, are unable to work.
d. The worker’s employer/ producer has temporarily or permanently closed for business.
Qualifications. Freelance audio-visual workers intending to apply for the DEAR Program must satisfy all of the following qualifications.
a. The individual must have lost at least seven (7) work days that were scheduled on or after the declared date of the disaster. For the COVID-19 situation, March 15-April 14, 2020 is the duration of the Enhanced Community Quarantine in Luzon.
b. The individual’s employment/scheduled jobs must have been suspended or cancelled as a direct result of the COVID-19 situation
c. The individual must not have unemployment insurance benefits from either his/her employer/ producer, or from any other government agencies (e.g. SSS, DOLE, Local Government, etc.).
d. The individual must earn no more than P 20,000 a month.
- Benefit Payment. Approved beneficiaries of the DEAR Program for Freelance AV Workers will receive a one time cash financial assistance of Eight Thousand Pesos (P 8, 000) tax free to cover expenses during the disaster period, like personal needs, medical expenses, housing and rent, and other essentials. The beneficiaries will be required to sign a Declaration and Agreement with FDCP agreeing and abiding to all the terms of the Program and certifying that all details of the application and documents submitted are factual and authentic.
- Application Process. Relative to the COVID-19 situation, applications may be submitted to FDCP from March 23 – April 23, 2020 or within 30 days of the activation of the DEAR Program through this Advisory. Online submissions via email to [email protected] are preferable and hard copy applications are discouraged. However, drop boxes for DEAR applications will still be available at the FDCP Office at 855 T.M. Kalaw Street, Ermita, Manila starting March 23, 2020.
- Documentary Requirements. Freelance audio-visual workers who intend to apply are required to substantiate loss of employment or self-employment or to substantiate work that was to begin on or after the declared date of the disaster. The following documents shall be submitted by each applicant:
Copy of current membership to National Registry for Audio-Visual Workers (NRAW). For non-members, NRAW membership applications (which will be automatically approved after the DEAR Application is approved.
- Filled out DEAR for Displaced Freelance AV Workers Application Form
- Affidavit of Unemployment (Template downloadable at the website)
- Copy of Latest ITR or any proof of income (e.g. latest 3-4 payslips)
- Proof of Engagement/s
- e.g. Call Sheet, Contract of Service, Certificate of Engagement/s, or any Certification duly signed by the Employer/Producer
- Evidence of Unemployment
- e.g. Emails regarding suspension of work, Proof of cancellation, etc.
If documentary proof cannot be provided at the time the claim is filed, applicants have twenty one (21) calendar days from the time of application to submit the complete documents.
- Disbursement of Financial Support. The concerned FDCP personnel shall issue the financial support directly to the affected worker’s bank account or via available money remittance services at the soonest possible time upon the approval of the application
- Effectivity. The DEAR Program for Freelance AV Workers shall be effective on 23 March 2020 upon its publication. Applications will be open from March 23- April 23, 2020.