The 2019 edition of the annual National Trade Fair organized by the Department of Trade and Industry – Bureau of Domestic Trade Promotion (DTI-BDTP) is all set for August 22 to 25 at the Megatrade Halls of SM Megamall in Mandaluyong City.
Savvy shoppers regard the National Trade Fair as a haven for the best and the latest. Here are 10 reasons why it continues to be a much-awaited event:
- The Best Products from the Regions. There will be 250 exhibitors from all over the country offering products such as furniture and furnishings, houseware and decor, wearables and fashion accessories, gifts and souvenirs, as well as heirloom food, and health and wellness products.
- Holiday Decor Pavilion. Jumpstart your Christmas design ideas by checking out the special setting of the Philippine Homestyle and Holiday Decor Association (PhilHHDA) for a sneak peek at the upcoming holiday trends, including holiday decor made of recycled or upcycled materials.
- Living Green Pavilion. Discover green crafts developed by eco-conscious MSMEs in collaboration with the Design Center of the Philippines. The showcase features a one-of-a-kind design collaboration that champions materials indigenous to the country and pushes for efforts that are kinder to the planet.
- The Green Pavilion. In search of organic, sustainable, eco-friendly, and yummy food? Indulge your taste buds at the display of the Association of Laguna Food Processors (ALAFOP) in partnership with DTI-Laguna.
- Marawi Showcase. Help our internally displaced persons (IDPs) or ‘bakwits’ in their economic recovery by supporting their wares at this special section organized in cooperation with DTI Region 10.
- Furniture and Furnishings Showcase. Looking to upgrade your home with a new statement piece crafted by Filipino artisans? Need a distinctive item to brighten up your space? Don’t miss out a stop at this special setting for the best in Filipino craftsmanship.
- One Town, One Product (OTOP) Hub. Each region has its own specialty products. You don’t have to go home to the province to stock up on all the delicacies you miss from home.
- Leather Crafting Workshop. Make your own belt, coin purse, wallet or bag. Or just support this social enterprise involving persons with disabilities by buying some of their handcrafted leather goods.
- Kapetirya. Another mainstay at the national trade fairs, the Coffee Pavilion brings the best of Philippine coffee blends to the metro.
- Green Station. Contribute to the green initiative by bringing waste materials for recycling by our partner-beneficiaries. For your good deed, you get a free eco-bag courtesy of Monteverde Sewing Inc.
Here’s a list of what you can bring: (a) Five 1.5L soda bottles or one paper bag of assorted PET bottles for Envirotech Waste Recycling, Inc.; (b) One paper bag of soft plastics for the Villar SIPAG Foundation; (c) Magazines, newspapers, or telephone directory for Gifts and Graces Fair Trade Foundation; or (d) One Light Water Brand, 600ml PET bottle for Liter of Light Foundation.
Don’t miss out on the 2019 National Trade Fair – A Green Fair, which will be open from 10AM to 9PM on August 22 to 25, 2019. Admission is free.
For more information, please contact the DTI-Bureau of Domestic Trade Promotion at telephone numbers (02) 751-3223 and (02) 791 3102, or email firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also follow BDTP on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter for regular updates.
#iamDTIph #NTF2019 #GoGreenPH @DTI.BDTP #PilipinasDaily @PilipinasDaily