Pista ng Pelikulang Pilipino is a week-long celebration where theaters nationwide will exclusively screen Filipino films in Celebration of Buwan ng Wika. This festive event is organized by the Film Development Council of the Philippines in partnership with all theaters nationwide. As an audience-oriented event and nationwide festivity, Pista will offer a variety of film genres to the Filipino audience and hopes to create a venue for them to let the industry know what films move and appeal to them and creating a dialogue between stakeholders. In addition to the nationwide screening, there will be caravans, audience surveys and forums to maximize the participation of the film industry stakeholders from the theaters, to the producers and filmmakers, and most especially the Filipino audience.
PPP is a one-week exclusive screening of Filipino films in ALL film theaters nationwide from August 16-22, 2017 in celebration of the Buwan ng Wika. To create a greater impact to the Filipino audience and in support of PPP, NYC will be launching the Cine Kabataan, a short film video competition for the youth while MTRCB is promoting its Matalinong Panonood Program in August.
Film entries are eligible based on the following criteria:
- The film should have themes reflective of the Filipino sensibilities culture with wide audience appeal.
- The film should have been produced from the year preceding the event. (2016-2017 finished films)
- The film should not have been previously commercially released in the Philippines.
- The film should not have been exhibited on the internet.
- The film should be at least 75 minutes in length.
- All films must be presented with English subtitles.
SUBMISSION OF ENTRIES
The films to be submitted for selection must reach the FDCP office by the following dates with the corresponding entry fees:
- May 19, 2017 (Friday) – P5,000.00
- June 2, 2017 (Friday) – P7,000.00
- June 15, 2017 (Thursday) – P10,000.00
The following documents should also accompany the DVD of the film (watermarked with For consideration: Pista ng Pelikulang Pilipino) to be submitted:
- Summary of the film
- Lead Actor and Actress filmography d.Director’s Filmography e.Background of production
These should be sent in an envelope marked ‘Entry for Pista ng Pelikulang Pilipino’ toFilm Development Council of the Philippines 855 T.M. Kalaw St., Ermita, Manila
SHORTLIST OF FILMS
The selection committee will shortlist fifteen (15) films. The shortlisted films must present a marketing plan for their screening at the Pista ng Pelikulang Pilipino. Of these, ten (10) to twelve (12) finalists will be selected.
For entry forms, please download the link
For mechanics, please download the link
#PistaNgPelikulangPilipino2017 #PilipinasDaily @PilipinasDaily